- The Rock Garden Chandigarh is a 35 acre eco-friendly garden, built solely by home waste and other Industrial items.
- Sculptures are created using items such as bangles, ceramic pots, tiles, bottles and Electric waste.
- Garden is a mixture of Landscape, architecture, sculpture and mythology.
- NEK CHAND, founder of Rock Garden, started creating this garden secretly during his spare time in 1957.
- The Layout of Garden is based on the fantasy of a Lost Kingdom. It has 14 different chambers like the forecourt.
- The Teej festival, when the Rock Garden assumes a festive look, holds a special attraction for tourists.
- PHASE 1:- Toilet fixtures, broken glass pieces and broken tiles have been used to create figures of humans and animals
- PHASE 2:- Once you enter you will feel entering a small traditional Indian village representing beautifully carved huts, temples pathways etc.
- PHASE 3:- It’s inspired by Roman architecture; swings are hanging for people to enjoy the beauty.
- Waterfall, Aquariums where we can get glimpse of fishes wandering around.
- Open Air Theatre:- An open seating ground with stairs.
- Laughing Mirror Display; Camel and Train ride.
- Must visit to Dolls museum.
- Souvenir Shop.
- Food Court
|Address :||Uttar Marg, Sector-1, Chandigarh (U.T.)|
|Timings :||9:00 AM to 7:30 PM (1st April to 30th September)
9:00 AM to 6:00 PM (1st October to 31st March)
|Entry Fee :||Adults – Rs. 30/-
Children – Rs. 10/-
|Time Needed :||2 to 3 hours|