- Sukhna Lake is a 3 sq. km rainfed lake created in 1958 by damming the Sukhna Choe, a seasonal stream coming down from Shivalik hills.
- Sukhna Lake is a sanctuary for many exotic migratory birds like- Siberian Duck, Storks and Cranes during winter month.
- The Lake is declared National Wetland by Government of India.
- It’s a venue for many festive celebrations like Mango festival during monsoons.
- The Sukhna Lake, has longest channel for rowing and yachting events in Asia.
- Boating:- 2 types of peddle boats - 2 seater and 4 seater, Shikara boat, Solar cruise.
- Ticket Counter for purchase of tickets. Charges -
- Portrait Making:- Portrait artists makes the sketches. Charges- Rs. 200 to Rs. 500
- Amusement Park:- Train rides, bull ride and other joy rides for children.
- Eating point:- CITCO Cafeteria, Chef Lakeview and other eating shops to munch on food.
- Peep in the Souvenir Shop:- One can buy gift items
- Walk of Art:- Display of various sculptures to enhance the beauty of Sukhna Lake.
- Garden of Silence:- Meditative space at the end of Sukhna Lake. Features seated Buddha.
- Sukhna Lake Park:- Scenic green space featuring manmade Lake with paddle boats, a jogging trail, bird watching; Sunrise and sunset view.
- Sukhna Interpretation Centre:- Indian Art Museum to sensitise and educate visitors about environmental conservation
- Sukhna Wildlife Sanctuary:- It’s reserved for the Conservation of flora and fauna. Flowers, shade-giving trees are planted and tree cover in reserved forest area. Information panels displays details about flora and fauna.
- Visit of Migratory Birds in winters.
- Sukhna Museum:- Sukhna Museum displays photography exhibition of Sukhna Lake.
|Address :||Sector-1, Chandigarh (U.T.)|
|Timings :||5:00 AM to 9:00 PM|
|Entry Fee :||Free of cost|